CALL US FOR A FREE ESTIMATE
If an insurance policy covers the repairs of your vehicle, then MacGyver Autobody & Collision will take care of them for you. We will guide you and work on your behalf throughout the whole process, from educating you on the process to submitting and approving your claim and finally to completing your repair. Our professionals work for the motorists and not for the insurance company. We will work on your behalf until the moment we hand your keys back.
Have no worries if you are making a claim through your insurance company, you will be pleased to know that our auto body shop works with all insurance companies. Our professionals will contact your insurance company and arrange for an appraiser to check your car. We will bill your insurance company directly when your vehicle is ready for delivery. Also, we can arrange for your car or truck to be picked up and dropped off on your premises.
Please note that insurance companies typically don’t guarantee any physical bodywork. That is why; MacGyver Autobody and Collision provides a lifetime guarantee on our work! Contact us for more details.
When reporting a claim, it's helpful to have the following information:
The sooner you report your accident to Macgyver Auto Body & Collision, the earlier we can help.
If you plan on filing a claim through your insurance, you should definitely file a police report as soon as possible. A police report is required if there are injuries from the accident, if the total damages exceed $1,000, or if public property is damaged. It's important to report to a collision reporting centre within 24 hours if you meet any of the above criteria from your accident.
It varies from one incident to the next - it can take a couple of days to a few weeks. Auto insurance companies will generally pay out on claims that are made within specific timeframes. It's in your best interest to report the accident to your insurer as soon as possible.
If the cost of repair is higher than the estimated value of the vehicle, it will likely be totaled. Auto insurance companies have different formulas for calculating this but most vehicles will be considered a total loss if the cost of repairs + its salvage value is more than the cash value of the car.
10 Things to Know in Case of an Accident
1. Stay as calm as possible and check for injuries.
2. If the accident is minor and there are no serious injuries, move cars to a safe place, rather than risk being in moving traffic.
3. Make note of specific damages to all vehicles involved. If you have a camera handy, it may be helpful to photograph the accident scene.
4. Write down the information of all persons involved in the accident using MacGyver Autobody & Collision’s Accident Report form provided.
5. If the name on the Insurance Policy is different from the name of the driver, establish the relationship and write it down. Collect witness information as well, if possible.
6. DO NOT admit fault even if you think it was yours (do not apologize, an apology can imply fault).
7. Never discuss accident details with anyone other than the police and it is wise to state only the facts.
8. Never accept a check for the repair of your car until you’re sure it covers all the repairs. MacGyver Autobody & Collision can provide you with a free written estimate with full explanation of the repairs required.
9. Do not feel pressured to send your car to a body shop you are unfamiliar with. Have it towed to MacGyver Autobody & Collision or to a Collision Reporting Centre.
10. Once your car is at MacGyver Autobody & Collision we give you hassle-free service for all insurance and non-insurance needs.
As a family-owned and -operated business, we provide top notch auto body, collision, painting and towing services. From collision repairs and dent repairs to minor and major paint damages, paint match guarantee, car rental services, and more, we have got your back. Give us a call to book a free estimate. Contact us for all your auto insurance claims - we're here to help!
I have just used MacGyver Auto Body & Collision for the second time, and they have done a wonderful job of repairs to two of my cars. This car, a 2018 looks new again and the repair is faultless. Tony MacGyver gave a very fair quotation, arranged for a rental for me, and he and Sandra are kind and decent people. Hopefully no more accidents, but MacGyver is the only place I ever want to use. Next is detailing my car.
Story of MacGyver
48 years of experience has led Tony, the owner, to become a master in automotive body repair. In his younger days, he worked for car dealerships where bodywork was an in-house job. He quickly earned the reputation of the name MacGyver among his colleagues and management, as he was able to take on 3 repair bays at a time and resolve any problem on the floor during a repair job, from bodywork to mechanics.
Request a Quote